Facts of Adan Canto
|Birth Date||December 5,1981|
|Full Name||Adan Canto|
|Occupation||Actor, Director, Writer|
|Birth City||Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila|
|Father Name||Jose-Luis Narvaez|
|Mother Name||Marlyn Canto-Narvaez|
|Spouse||Stephanie Ann Canto|
|No Of Children||2|
|Filmography||Before Tomorrow,X-Men: Days Of Future Past,Narcos,The Cleaning Lady|
Adan Canto is a Mexican actor, writer, and director who made his on-screen debut in 2009.
He is widely renowned for the portrayals of Minister Lara in Narcos, Paul Torres on The following, Sunspot in the X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Aaron Shore in Designated Survivor, and Arman Morales in The Cleaning Lady.
Also, his first work as a director and writer was in the short film, Before Tomorrow in 2014.
Additionally, Canto is a singer who started performing at the age of 7. Actually, he left home at 16 to become a singer and wrote and produced many songs for film and television while living in Mexico City.
Later, Adan gained success as a singer-songwriter in San Antonio after collaborating with Studio M. Also, he performed as a lead singer for the Jazz Band Del Canto.
As for Adan's personal life, the actor cum singer is married to actress Stephanie Ann Canto and is blessed with two children.
Early Life- Adan Canto Age, Height & Family
Adan Canto was born on 5 December, 1981 in Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila, Mexico to Mexican parents Jose-Luis Narvaez professionally dentist and Marlyn Canto-Narvaez, a singer.
Currently, he is 40 years old and stands tall at 6' 1" (185 cm).
He attended an American Catholic School in Del Rio and used to cross the Mexican border each day.
As mentioned earlier, Canto started performing as a singer at the age of 7.
As a matter of fact, he was not into acting and always dreamt of being a successful singer.
"I never said that I wanted to be an actor when I was a kid, i didn't know. I thought I was going to be a singer and musician. That's what I had been doing, for a huge part of my life."
To professionally pursue music, he left home at 16 years old. Canto gained success as a singer-songwriter in San Antonio after collaborating with Studio M.
Also, he performed as a lead singer for the Jazz Band Del Canto for five years. Moreover, Adan produced various songs for several films and television shows.
Also see: Social Media Star And MasterChef Season 10 Finalist Italian-American Chef Nick DiGiovanni-How Much Is His Net Worth?
Career Highlights- Roles In Narcos, X-Men, The Cleaning Lady
Things didn't work as planned for Adan Canto, who wanted to work in the music industry and slowly shift his focus to acting.
He started appearing in many commercials and eventually made his on-screen debut in 2009 on the television show Estado de Gracia.
"Music, in Mexico, just wasn't working out. So, I fell into acting and I just fell in love with it. It was amazing! It was a great safe place to just vent."
You May Also Like: Actress Kimi Price Queguiner Biography
Also, Canto was cast as a lead in the adaptation of Pedro Almodovar's All About My Mother.
Brief details on his movies and tv shows so far:
- Before Tomorrow- Canto wrote, starred, and directed his first short film, Before Tomorrow, in 2014. The short film tells a story of a man running from the past who now has to face it to stay living.
- The Following- Similarly, the writer cum producer appeared in ten episodes of an American crime thriller television series, The Following. He portrayed the role of Paul Torres, one of Joe Carroll (James Purefoy)'s followers, working closely with Jacob Wells (Nico Tortorella) and Emma Hill (Valorie Curry).
- X-Men: Days Of Future Past- Likewise, Adan Canto's first big-budget film role was in the popular American superhero film, X-Men: Days Of Future Past. He starred as Sunspot, a mutant able to project solar energy. The movie collected $746 million at the box office.
- Narcos- Accordingly, Canto gained huge recognition playing the role of Rodrigo Lara Bonilla, aka Minister Lara, a Colombian lawyer and politician in an American crime drama TV series, Narcos. The first two seasons of the show were based on the life of the infamous Pablo Escobar, and he played one of his many victims.
- Designated Survivor-Likewise, the Narcos actor Canto made his appearance in the lead role in a political thriller drama television series, Designated Survivor- created by David Guggenheim. He portrayed Aaron Shore (né Rivera), the Vice President-elect of the United States.
- The Cleaning Lady- Moreover, he starred in the main role of Arman Morales in the drama series The Cleaning Lady. The show premiered on Fox on January 3, 2022, was a huge success, and was renewed for a second season in April 2022.
Additionally, the actor has appeared in films such as Sin Memoria, Amar no es querer, Al Ras, Almost Thirty, 2 Hearts, and Bruised The Devil Below.
Furthermore, his upcoming project is an indie spy thriller, Agent Game, alongside Jason Isaacs and Barkhad Abdi- directed by Grant S. Johnson.
Did you know? Adan's trademark is his ears which are very different in shape from regular ones.
More: Meet Actor/Comedian And After Life Star Roisin Conaty
How Much Is Net Worth Of Adan Canto?
As of 2022, Adan is reportedly worth $4 Million. His primary income source is his acting career, and as per the sources, he earns around $500k annually from acting only.
Besides, he earns a considerable sum from sponsorships, endorsements, and commercials.
In 2005, the Cleaning Lady star purchased a home in the Hollywood Hills for $1.5 million. He listed the house for $2.2 million in June 2021.
The actor is also a motorcycle lover and has quite a collection.
Also see: Meet Frederick Heschel Bialik Stone; Youngest Son Of Actress Mayim Bialik And Business Man Michael Stone
Personal Life-Adan Canto Wife & Children
Adan Canto got married to Stephanie Lindquist in June 2017 in Clear Lake, California.
His wife, Stephanie Ann Canto, is an actress and writer popular for her work in Consider the Man, Maud, and The Shot.
The duo first met while filming The Following in Brooklyn, NY, in 2012.
They also collaborated on various projects, including Before Tomorrow, their first collaboration in 2014, and The Shot.
Similarly, the couple is with two children; the first child, a son Roman Alder Canto was born on April 13, 2020.
Also, their second child, a daughter Eve Josephine Canto was born in March 2022.
The family of four currently resides in Hollywood Hills.
Related content: Meet Irish Singer/Songwriter, Why Am I Like This? Singer Orla Gartland