Facts of Conner Demita
|Birth Date||October 3,1994|
|Birth Name||Conner Allen DeMita|
|Birth City||Los Angeles County, California|
|Father Name||John DeMita|
|Father Occupation||Voice Actor|
|Mother Name||Julia Fletcher|
|Mother Occupation||Voice Actor|
|Education||New York University, The American Film Institute|
|Filmography||Brother X,Dark,Time to Hunt|
Conner DeMita is an American writer and director known for his works on Brother X, Dark, and Time to Hunt.
He is also known as the brother of Elliot Fletcher. American actor and musician Fletcher is best for his roles in multiple television series like Shameless, The Fosters, and Faking It.
He is also a rising musician and has worked in theaters with several productions.
Fletcher came out as a transgender during his senior year of high school in 2013 after his 17th birthday and started using the name Elliot and he/him pronouns.
Also, Conner is the son of renowned voice actors Julia Fletcher DeMita and John DeMita.
More on his personal and professional life, including age, net worth, and dating life.
Conner DeMita Early Life- Age, Parents, Brother
Conner DeMita was born Conner Allen DeMita on October 3, 1994, in Los Angeles County, California, USA.
As of now, he is the age of 28-years-old.
His parents John DeMita (Father) & Julia Fletcher (Mother) are voice artists.
His brother is Elliot Fletcher, an actor, and musician.
DeMita attended New York University and graduated in 2016 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts - BFA, Film and Television.
Later, he earned a Master's degree in directing from The American Film Institute in 2022.
Also see: Never Have I Ever Actor Anirudh Pisharody Wikipedia
Conner DeMita-Career Highlights
Conner DeMita started working as the Video and Sound Post Production Technician at New York University until his graduation in 2017.
He was a Production Assistant at Showtime Networks Inc. for a month, Sep-Oct in 2017.
Similarly, DeMita worked as a Production Assistant at Twentieth Century Fox for a month, Jan-Feb 2020.
Likewise, he is a former Netflix employee. He joined the company in Jan 2018 as an English dub script supervisor.
He supervised "Elite," - Spanish Netflix Original Series, "The Resistance Banker," - Dutch Film, "The Mechanism," - Brazilian Netflix Original Series, and "My Happy Family," - Georgian Film.
After eight months, DeMita was promoted to English Dub Adapting Writer. He worked at Netflix for two years and seven months.
As an adapting writer, he worked on:
- "Bom Dia Veronica" - Brazilian Netflix Original Series
- “Bonfire of Destiny” - French Netflix Original
- Series"Money Heist" - Spanish Netflix Original Series
- "Dark" Seasons 2 & 3 - German Netflix Original Series
- "Brotherhood" - Brazilian Netflix Original Series
- "Bordertown" - Finnish Series
- "Baby" - Italian Netflix Original Series
- "Money Heist" - Spanish Netflix Original Series
- "Diablero" - Mexican Netflix Original Series
Since 2014 Conner DeMita has been a freelance Filmmaker| Director / Screenwriter, / Editor.
He is most known for directing and writing Brother X based on the life of his life.
The story follows a young man's life difficulty accepting his transgender brother.
Similar content: Elaine Starchuk Wikipedia: Where Is Tommy Lee's Former Wife Now?
Brother Elliot Fletcher's Coming Out Story
Elliot Fletcher was born in Los Angeles, California, on June 30, 1996. Currently, he is 25 years of age and stands at 5 feet 7 inches (1.7m).
Fletcher came out as a trans man to his parents during his senior year of high school in 2013, after his 17th birthday. He was born a girl, but he could not relate to his gender.
During that phase, he was really frustrated and depressed because he could not identify himself and thought of not being "normal."
He even attempted suicide twice, but luckily his family was there to help him.
The family shared that they weren't shocked by the truth of Elliot identifying as a boy as they were expecting it.
Elliot's father said, children's happiness matters the most; they need to be happy, healthy, and safe. He further stated:
He dressed and behaved in a traditional boy way, even when he was quite young. So when he came out to us, in spite of our unfamiliarity, it was an affirmation of a reality we had been living with for his entire life.
His mother, Julia Fletcher, was also equally supportive and helped her 'daughter' be a man like she always wanted.
Wait a second. I’m not losing my kid. He’s the same kid that he’s been all along.’ No kid turns out like parents think they will. You might want your child to be musical, and he may be good at sports. As parents, I think we have a tendency to make it all about us: what we want, what we expect. It shouldn’t be that way.”
The actor also did surgery and had excess breast tissue removed. Afterward, he started using the name Elliot and he/him pronouns.
Both the parents were supportive, but their relatives gave surprising reactions upon knowing the truth. Some people who the family thought would be supportive have not been.
All of these things, however, were secondary what's most important was now Elliot was free; he felt like himself for the first time in years. One's identity is much more important than one's approval.
Also, Fletcher is an activist for the rights of the LGBTQ community. He is an inspiration to many teenagers who are still scared to come out and openly accept their true identities.
Related content: Meet Kiruthiha Kulendiren-Mother Of Never Have I Ever Alum Maitreyi Ramakrishnan
Elliot Fletcher's Career-Roles In Faking It, The Fosters, Shameless
Fletcher has been into acting since the age of ten. He started his acting career in the movie Faking It.
The actor says the lack of transgender men on screen inspired him to get into acting in hopes of providing representation for others like him.
Some of his famous shows-
- Faking It-Elliot's debut role was in a romantic comedy series Faking It (2016), created by Dana Min Goodman & Julia Wolov for MTV. He played the role of Noah, the show's first transgender-identified character, who is a member of the band Noah's Arc and is the love interest of the lead character Shane Harvey (Michael Willett).
- The Fosters- Likewise, Faking It actor appeared in an American family drama TV series, The Fosters (2016-2018), created by Peter Paige and Bradley Bredeweg. He portrayed the role of Aaron Baker, a law student who helps Callie (Maia Mitchell) release her younger ex-foster brother from jail, who has been falsely accused of murdering an older woman that he had worked for.
- Shameless-Similarly, the promising actor got the role in the hit dramedy series "Shameless" created by John Wells. Elliot appeared in the role of Trevor, a transgender LGBTQ activist. It is an adaptation of the award-winning British series of the same name.
- Runways- It is a popular series created by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage for the streaming service Hulu. The Fosters star appeared in the series as Max, an unfortunate WIZARD intern who befriends Gert (Ariela Barer).
- Tell Me Your Secrets- In 2021, Fletcher got the recurring role of Jake Barlow in an American thriller drama television series, Tell Me Your Secrets. The series created by Harriet Warner for the TNT network received a positive response from fans and critics.
In addition, his other series are Adams Ruins Everything, Disclosure: Trans Lives on Screen, and Y: The Last Man. He also gave voice to World of Warcraft: Shadowlands as Pelagos.
You May Also Like: Comedian And Actress Patti Harrison Biography: Age, Net Worth, Ethnicity, And Boyfriend
Is Conner DeMita Dating Someone?
Conner DeMita rarely finds himself the subject of tabloid fodder, and that’s likely because he prefers to keep his home life far away from the press.
Living life in the public eye is one of the hardest things for celebrities to deal with. Some find it very difficult to live privately, whether the paparazzi are lurking around every corner or their name shows up in every tabloid.
There are, however, quite a few celebs who seem to have that whole privacy thing on lock. DeMita is definitely one of them.
The writer/director has not declared himself to be dating anybody, he is extremely private, and almost nothing related to his relationship status is revealed to the media.
As of now, we can assume he is single.
On the other hand, his brother is very open about his relationship.
The Faking It actor Elliot is currently dating Danielle Williamson. His girlfriend is a musician. The couple has been reportedly in a relationship for a few years.
The duo is very active on Instagram and often flaunts their romance and love for each other.
Similar content: Jaz Hutchins Wikipedia-Former Partner And Baby Father Of Actress/Singer Jessica Plummer
How Much Is The Net Worth Of Conner DeMita?
Conner DeMita, as of 2022, is worth $1 million. His primary income source is his career as a film director and writer.
Reportedly, he makes around $200k annual salary from his profession.
Similarly, his younger brother and TV actor Elliot Fletcher's net worth is $2 million as of 2022.
His main income source is acting, and as per the sources, he earns $300k annually on average from his acting job.